Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Book 10: Almost a Crime

Finished: Gave up on February 15
Pages: I got to page 427

I read more than half, I think that makes it count considering more than half is 400 pages.
If I had to read about one more meeting, or working lunch, or phone conversation about fundraisers and sponsorship, I thought that I was going to die. I should have kept track, because there is no way that I am going back through this stupid book to find out how many I read about. Any time that Octavia complained about being a bad mother, all I could think was "Yes, you are a bad mother. What's wrong with you?" I saw through the affair very quickly, and was disappointed by the trite-ness of it. I mean, the best friend? Really? I think it would have been much better if it had been the best friend's mother, or something like that.
I skipped to the end, I'm not ashamed to admit it, and reading the last 20 pages, I didn't recognize half the characters, and I found that to be rather unfortunate considering the number of characters who had already been introduced.
I think that with good editing this book could have been entertaining, but there was too much extraneous and Dickensonian information that it would never hold my attention.

Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment