Saturday, January 15, 2011

Book 5: Love Walked In

Finished: January 15
Pages: 307

I was supposed to be finishing up Confederates in the Attic, but I made the stupid mistake of leaving it in my classroom over the weekend. Since I was avoiding cleaning my apartment, as well as a myriad of other distasteful activities, I decided to pick up a book that I loved the last time I read it. I didn't expect to read straight through until it was over, but c'est la vie.

I both love and hate this book. I love this book for exactly the same reasons that I hate it. I want, not so secretly, to be Cornelia. I want to have that kind of life, know those kinds of people, fall in love with a gorgeous and wonderful man. I want to be witty, and knowledgeable, and have people who love being my friend. To know all the references to all the movies and books and fashion. I hate her because, since this is a book, she isn't real because that kind of awesome doesn't happen in real life. But that doesn't stop me from hoping, and that's why I hate it.

But don't worry, I love it more.

Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment