Sunday, October 10, 2010

Book Fifty and Fifty-One: City of Ashes, City of Glass

Book Fifty: City of Ashes
Finished: October 7
Pages: 453

Book Fifty-One: City of Glass
Finished: October 7
Pages: 541

So, I finished this series. I couldn't leave it half done. I needed to know where she was going with the story and characters. I must admit, I do love the world that she created. I like the way that the various fantastic creatures lived and interacted with the "real world" and I also enjoyed the layers of politics. I found many of the characters to be cliched and repetitive. Some of the ends were too neat. I don't really like stories that are happy endings; when there are so few sacrifices on the part of the reader, it doesn't make it easy to stay invested in the story.
I found the two main characters, Clary and Jace, to be pretty obnoxiously into each other, especially since they are supposed to be brother and sister through most of it. Even if it does turn out to be incorrect at the end, I still spent a large portion of the books being totally weirded out.
If you only read one Young Adult series ever, this is not the one to spend your time on, though I think this is definitely better than Twilight. If nothing else, it is a quick read.
Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment