Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Forty-five: Fire

Forty-five: Fire
Pages: 461
Finished: September 9

This is a companion to the world of Book Six, that I read back in January, called Graceling. I think that it is interesting how much the author had grown in many ways in the course of just one book. While this book takes place in the same Universe as the first, it isn't necessary to read the other book to know what is going on, and the action takes place many years prior to the first book. I like the character Fire, because she is strong, and independent, and I like female characters who are conscious of some of their faults, and also characters that are not entirely "good" or "bad." Fire has some very good characteristics, but she also has some very bad aspects, as any person with the kind of powers that she has would be tempted by. I like the large supporting cast of characters, and the descriptive quality of Cashore's writing.
It's a well-developed world, with a fight for the kingdom, just like most fantasy novels, and the well-written action means I'll come back to this author again to see where she goes from here.

Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment