Thursday, July 22, 2010

Book Thirty-seven: Garden Spells

Book Thirty-seven: Garden Spells
Finished: July 21
Pages: 290

Obviously, I have been remiss in my posting. So, you'll have to stick with me as I try to remember what I wanted to say about a book that is now living at my mother's house, hopefully being read.
I liked this book. It was sweet, and light, and everything that you want in summer reading. It wasn't too realistic, it had that magical hint that can either make or break a light summer read. Okay, maybe it wasn't a hint of magic. Maybe there was an apple tree who was my favorite character. No, it didn't walk, or talk, or anything else, it was just a charming tree.
The story is reminiscent of other chick-lit-y books: two sisters separated by years and choices come back together in their home town and deal with all the drama that comes from that separation, both between each other, and between the family and the town.
I liked the interesting magical details: scorching hand prints, a man so full of love and lust that he glows at night...it was the little things that really made the story so delightful.

Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment