Thursday, January 7, 2010

Books Two and Three: The Twelve Houses Series

Book Two: Dark Moon Defender
Book Three: Reader and Raelynx
Date Finished: January 3rd
Pages: 448+432=880

This series is something that I picked up at the public library when I was looking for easy but interesting pool reading. Unlike many of my friends, I am not a big fan of chick lit in the summer, I'd rather read science fiction and fantasy. I think I read the first two books in this series in two days, then waited six months before I got the third and fourth books in the series.
It's an interesting idea, with a well developed world and a new spin on the whole "humans with special powers" thing.
I haven't read anything else by Sharon Shinn, but if her other series is as good and fun to read as this one, I'm sure I will be seen with those books at the pool this summer as well.
I was surprised by the quick way that I read two books in as many days. I think that I have been trying for a while to get away from this type of easy literature as my personal reading, but I don't think that I will ever be able to deny my love of decent fantasy and sci-fi.

Good reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment