Monday, January 9, 2012

Book 44: The Passage

So, I forgot a couple of books I read. I'm a genius.
Finished: November 14
Pages: 766

I put this book in the freezer at least three or four times. An excellent read, it is at times heart wrenching and terrifying. The format is an interesting blend of anthropological study, government documents, and narrative. The story started when the author, Justin Cronin, decided to write a book with his twelve year old daughter. She wanted a book where a young girl saves the world, and he delivers in a way that makes me wonder how much his daughter helped, and what that says about him as a father.
Read it, or don't, depending on how much you like putting books in the freezer. Personally, I'll never trust the government again, and I know that this didn't really happen. I mean, I hope they didn't. Effing government experiments.

Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment