Thursday, May 5, 2011

Book 30: Water for Elephants

Finished: May 3
Pages: 331

Water for Elephants is one of those books that I didn't read for years because everyone and their dog was reading it and telling everyone else how awesome it was. Don't think for one minute that I read this book because of the movie coming out, that was not the case at all. I never saw the movie, and never really wanted to, mostly because Robert Pattinson is creepy. The action and love story I found a secondary amusement to the deep sensory details that enveloped you as you read the novel. I enjoyed the feeling of the train, the smells of the circus, even the scenes in the nursing home. I enjoyed the unreliableness of the narrator. He was pretty hilarious, in a crotchety way. Although I had the ending ruined for me, I still enjoyed how the ending came to apss. I relaly appreciate the way the book opens, because it sets up the reader for a wonderful twist at the end.

Good Reading,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment